The Coaching Process
People, who have never experienced the power of coaching have questions.
- What do I need a coach for?
- How is coaching supposed to help me lose weight or find the time to take care of myself?
- What happens in a coaching session?
1. Discovery: Desires, Dreams, Beliefs and Opportunities
As the Coach I ask powerful, open-ended questions to draw out underlying messages and challenge assumptions, through curiosity. This creates self-awareness, which is a pivotal point of change for the client.
- Where are you right now?
- Where do you want to go?
- What do you visualize that to look like?
2. Identify Priorities, Establish Goals, and Examine Barriers
Next limitations and barriers are examined that may be preventing the client from moving forward. During this stage the client re-evaluates his/her belief system to determine whether they are empowering or dis-empowering and how they impact decisions made. Steps are taken to transfer dis-empowering beliefs to empowering beliefs.
- What does it mean to you to have a full and rich life?
- Where do you think your thoughts could be getting in the way?
- How does this belief line up with your values?
3. Creating and Implementing the Action Plan
During this stage, I assists the client in shifting spoken dreams and desires to becoming reality through an action plan. Strategies are developed, a self-development plan is created and structures established supporting client’s value and belief system. Possible obstacles are discussed and addressed.
- What kind of plan do you need to accomplish this goal?
- What one small step could you take to move forward?
- Which actions can you see yourself taking this week?
Having a personal coach accelerates the process of change. Coaching empowers the individual so the changes remain.
Contact me for a free consultation!